Ethernet or Wi-Fi access must be made available for all Fathom Hubs.
- The network to which the deployed hubs connect to need to be on the same subnet / VLAN allowing intercommunication.
- The Fathom Hub is compliant with RFC 1918 standard, therefore IP ranges must be:
- 10.0.0.0/8 IP addresses: 10.0.0.0 -- 10.255.255.255
- 172.16.0.0/12 IP addresses: 172.16.0.0 -- 172.31.255.255
- 192.168.0.0/16 IP addresses: 192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255
- Intranet and outgoing web access are required for the Fathom Hubs on ports:
- 80 (HTTP)
- 443 (HTTPS)
- 123 (SNTP)
- 5353 (intranet)
- 7946 (intranet)
- Multicast Support (ie. intranet) Required. (mDNS library through 126.96.36.199 on layer 3)
WEP or WPA/WPA2 Personal Authentication Only (Captive Portal, WPA2 Enterprise not supported)
- Direct Internet access on a network supporting DHCP is recommended. Static IP assignment is supported. Proxy is currently unsupported.
For more detail on the Hub, please refer to Technical Specifications.