- 120V/240V power must be supplied to each Fathom Hub. The standard power adapter provides 1.5 metres (5 feet) of wiring.
- Network connectivity can be achieved using wired Ethernet and Wi-Fi.
- For optimal positioning performance the Fathom™ hub should be placed at least 2 metres (6.5 feet) away from any concrete/metal walls or structures, as these structures can cause Radio Frequency (RF) interference that will negatively affect positioning performance. Drywall or wooden obstructions are generally fine.
- Fathom Hubs should not be placed in a line. Hubs should also not be placed directly beside exterior walls as this doesn’t make use of all 6 antennas.
- Fathom Hubs should ideally be placed 10 metres (33 feet) to 15 metres (50 feet) apart.
Installation Placement and Cardinal Orientation
- When placing the Fathom Hub on a level surface such as a counter top or table it should be placed with the top face facing up (right-side up)
- When placing the Fathom Hub on the ceiling it should be mounted level with the top of the hub facing down. (upside down)
- The Fathom Hub cannot be mounted sideways on a wall.
- Unless enabled with auto-orientation, all Fathom Hubs must be oriented north as indicated in the diagram. A detail tutorial on orientation is available here.